Tomorrow is January 1st, 2018. I sit here today, on New Years Eve, in a state of reflection as I look back on the past 365 days. I am thinking about how fast and slow this year has gone. About how much has changed.
I’ll start with my last, but most important reason, and that is to sincerely give a big thank you. A thank you to my family, my love, my friends (new + old), my mentors, classmates, coworkers, enemies, and everyone who stood before, with, and against me. Thank you for making 2017 an incredible year.
Things I learned and hopefully you can take away from this story:
- Love is Everything
- Saying no is fucking hard
- Distracted and excused everything by so called “startup”
- Do only one thing really well
- Help people for free whenever you can
Flashback to 2017
- Felt present. Used social media/phone significantly less. Began to really appreciate the little things in life.
- Tried a ton of new food. Liked most of it.
- Created multiple product that generated revenue, but failed eventually.
- Lost my Dearest Friend.
- Read almost 11 books. My favorite was Sophie’s World. Also listened to a ton of podcasts (Revisionist History and The Engineers).
- Started my weekly newsletter in my workplace.
- Met a guy at Ventures Cafe who even decided to fund my startup, but didn’t pass the green.
- Had to quit the best possible job in the history of workspace.
- Shifted to the worst working place, made my life even worst.
- Met few good peoples: Pankaj, Jenish
- Found the Love of my life.
- Had planned to launch a company but couldn’t.
- Started to live green life.
- Sold Scooter to buy a Cycle.
- Started walking wherever I could.
- Started cooking with a electric stove.
I hope you (and your family/friends) have had a healthy, fulfilling year. I wish you the best in 2018. Dream big for 2018 because this next year is going to be the best.